Flaxseed Crusted Salmon and Spinach Salad - A High Omega-3 Recipe
Not getting enough omega-3 fatty acids into your diet? Here is a great dish that delivers a real boost to your body. Combining omega-3 rich spinach, salmon and flaxseed into one recipe gives you not only a delicious healthy meal but also a fantastic dietary source of omega-3. The best thing about this flaxseed crusted salmon and spinach recipe is that it’s simple to make too. This recipe is for two, so just double the ingredients if you are serving four people.
What You Need
Salmon fillets - 2
Ground flaxseed - 3 tablespoons
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
Fresh baby spinach leaves - 2 cups
Balsamic vinegar - 1 tablespoon
Sea salt - a pinch
Cracked black pepper - a pinch
How To Make It
- Turn on your oven and pre-heat it to 375ºF, or 340ºF if you’re using a fan assisted oven.
- Place the ground flaxseed, olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together.
- Lay one side of each salmon fillet into the bowl and leave for a minute. Remove the salmon fillets and place on a baking tray.
- Use a spoon to put any remaining flaxseed mixture on top of the salmon fillets. Use a fork to ensure the flaxseed mixture is lightly pushed into the salmon fillet.
- Season the salmon fillets with a pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place the baking tray with salmon fillets in the oven and leave for 20 minutes. Check the flaxseed crust is moist and crunchy when removed from the oven.
- Prepare the fresh baby spinach leaves on serving plates and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, add the flaxseed crusted salmon fillets and serve.
Enjoy your omega-3 packed meal!