Keep your blood sugar levels steady with this quick and easy low glycemic recipe, a dish that will keep you feeling full for that little bit longer. Simple and tasty, with no frying necessary, try our chicken and ratatouille roast. This recipe will serve two, so double the ingredients if you need to prepare a dinner for four.
What You Need
Chicken breast fillet - 2
Tomato - 2
Eggplant - 1/2
Zucchini - 1/2
Red bell pepper - 1/2
Red onion - 1/2
Rosemary - 3 sprigs
Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
Sea salt - a pinch
Cracked black pepper - a pinch
How To Make It
- Turn on your oven and pre-heat it to 390ºF, or 360ºF if you’re using a fan assisted oven.
- Chop up the vegetables while you’re waiting for the oven to heat up; remove the seeds from the bell pepper first before slicing it up, then halve the tomatoes and chop the rest of the veggies into chunks.
- Put all the vegetables in a roasting tray and pour over two tablespoons of olive oil. Use your hands to mix the veggies together with the olive oil until they are all well coated.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the olive oil coated vegetables and then push a rosemary sprig into each of the chicken breasts. Break apart and scatter the remaining rosemary sprig over the entire dish.
- Season the entire dish with sea salt and cracked black pepper, and then drizzle the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken breasts.
- Put the roasting tray in the oven and leave for 30 minutes. Check the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are soft before serving.